Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas

With Christmas coming up a lot of people out there wonder how they will afford to get all their co-workers, friends and family presents and still afford their regular bills. Last year I made everyone gifts. This doesn't have to be hours spent hand making items wondering if you will ever be done. I made gift bags of food. People love sweets (as long as they aren't diabetic). I made several different kinds of fudge, cookies and Muddy Buddies and placed them into tins I bought. You could also get festive colored cellophane or gift bags, which would probably be cheaper than the rout I went. If you are a crafty person you could also try to make handmade candles, soaps, or jewelery. Just be sure to price items you will need in order to hand make your gifts. If your cost will be just as much or more than buying new items it's probably not worth all the hassle. When you are finished with your product you will find that people enjoy how much thought and love went into your work it won't matter that you didn't spend a fortune. I will post recipes for some of the things I have made in the past to give ideas throughout the month. Good luck and have fun!

3 comments:

  1. I like giving hand made things sometimes, might not be something useful but its more than just the material thing that I gift, its my time and effort as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy idea, but seems awesome, giving food as a present. I'd never think that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. x-mas used to be such a drag..until i had kids and its become fun again!

    ReplyDelete